- Offices for rent
- Play Centre Open Late Every Friday Until 9pm
- Letter from Winston Roddick
- Cruise Ship visits for Holyhead during 2016
- Offices to Rent at Holyhead Town Hall
- Services we provide
- CCTV Provision - Holyhead
- B&M store official opened by Mayor Cllr J V Owen
- Removal of CCTV cameras across Anglesey survey
- The Holyhead Waterfront Development
- Diamond Jubilee Pictures
- Twinning Oath Signed In Greystones
- Twinning Oath Signed
- LASER TAG AT THE TOWN HALL
- New Play Area opened by Mayor
- Greystones Visit County Wicklow
- Shop -Y-Porth
- The Mayor's Presentation
- Town Hall Weddings
- North Wales Cruise Partnership Cruise Forum
News & Events
CCTV Provision - Holyhead
- Published on Thursday, 30 April 2015 11:25
As I am sure you are aware, the Anglesey County Council decided last year to dis-continue the provision of CCTV services on the island of Anglesey. Holyhead Town Council took the view that this would be detrimental to public safety in our town and decided to get together with the other four towns on the island to apply for funding to provide a new system.
I am pleased to advise you that we have now, as Holyhead Town Council, secured the funding and a totally new system will be installed covering the town centre, Victoria Road and the promenade with new high definition CCTV which will be recorded 24 hours a day. The new system will include 48 new high definition cameras and will be the responsibility and monitored by Holyhead Town Council on behalf of the community that the Town Council represents.
I am sure that you would agree that this is good news for the town and as I am sure you are aware, the Holyhead Town Council also opened the new public conveniences in Swift Square. This is a very important service for visitors to the town and to locals and I will be actively looking at other projects in the future as we have done by opening the new Empire Playcentre/Cinema complex which has created 11 new jobs in the town and up to date has had up to 102,000 visitors through its doors.
If you have any questions or need any clarification from me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
C LL Everett
Town Clerk/Financial Officer