Town Council to take over running of Park
Holyhead Town council are pleased to announce that as of the 10th of July 2017 the Town council have taken over the park in New park Road Holyhead this was done to prevent the County council closing the recreation area due to their financial position the town council have put in a Lottery Application for improving the Park and for a second screen in the Empire Cinema after a public consultation.
The decision by the Lottery should be made in September. If the Town Council is not successful in getting a Lottery Grant, the park will remain open and some improvements will be made with the money the Town Council has set aside.
As a Town Council we are pleased to keep this facility open and will carry on providing a service to our community as listed on this web site.
Offices for rent
Services we provide
Services that the Holyhead Town Council provide to the community through the Town Precept due to the money raised through the Empire, Left Luggage, Town Hall hire the Town Council is able to keep the Precept low and invest the money raised through these projects for other commuity services like the toilets in Swift Square,CCTV and Play Areas for the Children. the following is what you pay if you live in a band 'A' property £1.08 per week; for a band 'B' it is £1.27 per week; for a Band 'C' it is £1.45 per week; for a band 'D' it is £1.63 per week. The Town Council does not receive any Finance from the Business Rates.
These are some of the services provided:
- Finance 87% of the cost to run Maeshyfryd Cemetery 13% financed by Trearddur Bay Community Council.
- Town Hall including hall hire, Chamber hire and office hire
- Empire Cinema
- Empire Play centre
- Partly responsible for the Town Clock
- Dutch commemorative Plaque at Newry Beach
- Public toilets at Swift Square in town
- New CCTV system for the town
- Manage the six bungalows (Penrhos Alms-houses) in Kingsland for the elderly
- Newry Beach play area
- Kingsland play area
- London Road play area
- Llanfawr Road play area
- Old School Road play area Llaingoch
- Lon Newydd play area Llaingoch
- Cut the grass in Treseifion play area to help the Residents' Association
- Carry out checks on the play equipment in Gwelfor Community Centre
- Left luggage office in the Port
- Most of the information boards around town
- All the bus shelters around Holyhead
- Litter pick the Celtic Gateway Bridge and also clean the steelwork on contract to the Anglesey County Council
- Produce and distribute the Holyhead Town Guide and assist visitors who call into the Town Hall for information on interesting places to visit.
- Give donations to local charitable causes including the Holyhead Leisure/Maritime Festival;
- Provide 22 sustainable jobs in the town
- 75 Allotments in Plas Road
- Christmas lights in the town
- Hire of Laser Quasar for offsite hire in Anglesey and Bangor/Caernarfon areas
- Provide office space at the Town Hall including the NHS and the County Council's Revenue and Benefits service
- The Town Council has been requested to take over the Park in New Park Road Holyhead. If the Town Council does not take it over, it will be closed next year
- The Town Council is consulted on Planning Applications for the town but the final decision is taken by the County Council's planning committee
- The 16 Town Councillors give up their time and do not get paid any allowances
- The Town Council will continue to work closely with all developers who wish to come to Holyhead to ensure that local people are given priority for the jobs created and for wherever possible, community benefit for the town
- Meetings are open to the public. Minutes are on the Council web site for information
- Each Primary School Child going up to High School is presented with a Dictionary by the Town Council
All of the above services would be at serious risk if the Holyhead Town Council was dissolved.
The following services are not the responsibility of the Holyhead Town Council.
Please contact the county council or your County Councillor for the following services.
- Grants to Businesses or Individuals
- Highways Including Parking and Yellow Lines
- Final decisions on all Planning Applications.
- Social Services
- Street Lighting
- Waste disposal