Letter from Morlais project Officer:
We are contacting you to inform you of the Morlais projects progress at this present time and to outline some of the key milestones in the next steps of the project.
- The process is going to consider the following areas
- Seascape landscape and visual issues
- Biodiversity issues including marine mammal, ornithology and ecology.
- The requirement for compulsory purchase powers for the project. Morlais would like to make clear that it is progressing land agreements with landowners along the route so these compulsory powers would only be used where agreement cannot be reached.
- Please see the timetable attached. It is only now we have received the timetable from the planning inspectorate therefore please accept our apologies for the short notice.
- The process post inquiry will be that the Planning Inspectorate make their recommendations and the planning directorate then enter a period where welsh ministers make a decision on whether the transport and work act order is awarded to the project. This could take up until August 2021.
- During this period the project will be working to award the contract for the build stage of the project, of course this will be dependent on the relevant order being conferred.
- The contractor will be working towards the clearance of conditions to start the civil engineering portion of the project in November 2021. Again this is dependent on the award of the Order and the discharge of the deemed planning consent conditions by the Isle of Anglesey County Council.
Swyddog Prosiect Morlais Project Officer