The Clerk/Supervisor is the Town Clerk. The Joint Burial Committee consists of Holyhead Town Councillors and also Councillors from Trearddur Community Council. The Holyhead Town Council contributes seven eighths and Trearddur Community Council contributes one eighth into the cost. It is a Precepting Authority and the Committee meets every quarter.
The staff work in the Cemetery 5 days per week and there are also funerals held on some Saturday mornings.
Benches are only permitted to be placed in Maeshyfryd with prior permission for the Burial Clerk.
The Sexton who has worked at the Cemetery for over 40 years and also his assistant who has worked there as well for over 20 years. The condition of the Maeshyfryd Cemetery is kept to a very high standard, but if any member of the public has any issues to raise, please feel free to contact the Holyhead Town Hall - details which have already been provided.
The burial records date back to 1876. On request, and for a financial fee we will be happy to make a search of the burial records.
- 14th September 2020 - Download minutes
- 21st January 2020 - Download minutes
- 16th July 2019 - Download minutes
- 24th July 2020 - Download Minutes
- 22nd January 2021 - Download Minutes
- 18th May 2021 - Download Minutes
- 30th June 2021 - Download Minutes
- 8th October 2021 - Download Minutes
- 16th November 2021 - Download Minutes
- 31st January 2022 - Download minutes